Archive:

Community

Jun

Today is the 10th annual Taste of LIC event; a vibrant event where restauranteurs and small businesses in LIC come together to raise support for The Chocolate Factory Theatre. I’ve […]

{ 0 comments }

May

COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT MEETING To discuss the short term and long term plans for elementary and middle school in our communityMonday, May 4, 2015 at 6:00 P.M.P.S./I.S. 78Q Auditorium46-08 5th […]

{ 0 comments }

Apr

It’s Thursday which is almost Friday which seems like a great reason to attend a fun and worthy event hosted by Court Square small business, Square Wine & Spirits. Their annual  […]

{ 0 comments }

Apr

April is school notification month for NYC public schools, and this month, 50 families in Hunters Point received a letter that their child would not receive a Kindergarten seat in […]

{ 1 comment }

Apr

If you are unfamiliar, participatory budgeting is a democratic process in which tax payers vote on how a portion of the public budget is allocated. As a District 26 resident, if you […]

{ 0 comments }

Apr

Is there room in Queens for climbers from the County of Kings? We think so. Well established climbing facility, Brooklyn Boulders is making the Queensbridge neighborhood their fourth home. With locations […]

{ 0 comments }

Mar

Perhaps you enjoy having upwards of a dozen kids in your home running in all directions. If not, may I suggest a few options for your child’s next birthday party? […]

{ 0 comments }

Feb

Party for Gantry Park!

by rebekah | 0 | Share this Article:

in Community, Food and Drink, Long Island City

The Hunters Point Park Conservancy is hosting an event next week at SHI focusing on membership to the conservancy and the new season launch. See details below from their website. A […]

{ 0 comments }

Feb

This week’s a big one for fashion in NY, as the world’s hottest designers are showcasing their most coveted looks on the runways at New York Fashion Week.  Here in […]

{ 0 comments }

Feb

While spring is technically forty days away, (but who’s counting?) we all know there is still a lot of winter to endure. By now you’ve made elaborate forts, played countless […]

{ 0 comments }